Recipe for 6-8 servings
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 40 mins
(Making Homemade crust time: 2 h)
Ready in: 1 h or 3 h
• 1 cup all purpose flour
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 cup (1 stick, 4 ounces, 8 Tbsp) butter
• 2 to 2 1/2 Tbsp of water
• One 9-inch pie dish
• 1/2 cup, packed, finely chopped artichoke hearts (cooked fresh or canned artichoke hearts packed in water)
• 6 ounces cooked spinach (if using frozen, thaw first), squeezed to remove excess water (wrap in clean tea towel or several layers of paper towels and squeeze), finely chopped
• 1 Tbsp butter
• 1/2 cup minced shallots
• 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
• 4 eggs (large)
• 1 cup milk
• 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
• 4 ounces goat cheese
• 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
• 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
• 2 Tbsp minced chives or green onion greens
1a. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour and salt. Cut the butter into cubes and use your (clean) hands to work the butter into the flour until you have a mixture that looks like a coarse meal with pieces of butter no bigger than a pea. Sprinkle water onto the flour mixture a little at a time, and work the dough with your hands until the dough can be formed into a ball. Flatten the ball into a disk and wrap with plastic wrap. Chill for at least 1 hour.
1b. When you are ready to roll out the dough, remove the disk from the refrigerator and let come to room temp for 10 minutes. Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface to a diameter 2 inches wider than your pie or tart pan. Drape the rolled out dough over the pie or tart pan and press the dough into the sides of the pan. Trim and crimp the edges. Place in freezer for 30 minutes to an hour.
2. Melt butter in a small saucepan on medium heat. Add the minced shallots and cook 3 to 4 minutes until translucent. Remove from heat.
3. Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Beat the eggs in a large bowl. Add the goat cheese and whisk until smooth. Whisk in the milk, cream, salt, pepper, chopped spinach, chopped artichokes, the cooked shallots, lemon zest, and the chives.
4. Pour filling into the frozen pie crust. (If you are using a tart pan with a removable bottom, you may want to put the pan on a foil lined or rimmed sheet pan.) Place in oven. Bake at 375°F (190°C) for 10 minutes, then reduce the heat to 350°F (175°C) and cook for 30 minutes, or until the center of the quiche has set.
5. Remove from oven and let sit and cool to room temperature before slicing and serving.
Enjoy cooking and eating with Imperial Collection products.